???????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Sa BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, June 23, 2012

It's definitely been a minute since I've willed myself to sit down and work on my novel. We can thank Stephen King for that. I bought his book, The Memoir of the Craft, the other day and read it in about two days. In this book, he suggested another book....Writer's Market. When I received this book (I had rented it multiple different times from the library, but always had to return it before I could use it to its full potential.) I opened it up and immediately highlighted all my favorite tips and advice. One that really hit me last night went something like this: "Nobody can make time for my writing but me. That's perhaps the first truth a writer needs to acknowledge. Don't keep hoping someone else will create lovely block of writing time for you. Turn off the TV, limit your Facebook minutes, and go cold turkey on computer games---that's my best advice."

It's very obvious, I know...but it really hit home. I sit here day after day and talk about what I want my life to be. I want to be a writer. I want to work for myself. I want to stay at home when I want and leave the house when I want....being a writer is MY dream, but how will I ever accomplish that by saying "Someday I'll...." Nope, not someday. NOW. The moral of the story is, I opened up my computer today and revised 35 pages of my finished novel. A few months back a great agent had offered to give me constructive criticism....and she did. That's when I got lazy and put the computer away....now I'm taking her advice and I'm making this book fantastic....and it feels SO good to get back into the flow of things. It's fun to remember why I fell in love with writing.

Friends, take this post to heart. You can do anything you set your mind to, no matter how outrageous you or others may think it is. Nothing is impossible, because generally other people have done it before you. Just keep that in mind.

I'll get back to my book though and possibly post some excerpts up on either here or my Facebook site....have a lovely day.

Xx,

Amber

0 comments: